Sports betting is a popular activity among Ugandans. You can wager on many disciplines, although football is the most popular. There are many local, regional, and international bookmakers you can use. One of them is MSport. Established in 2020, it’s relatively new, but it’s still worth a look. In this article, we will talk about what MSport can offer to the players residing in Uganda, including its features, betting markets, and the capabilities of its mobile application.
MSport’s Advantages and Disadvantages
- Good user interface of the website
- Operates under a local license in Uganda
- Feature-packed apps for both iOS and Android
- Rich betting options
- Good customer support
- Support for the most popular payment systems in Uganda
- eSports options are limited
- Sometimes the odds are not quite competitive
- Issues with long withdrawal processing in rare ocassions
While the platform might be new, it can already offer many things to its users. The website is incredibly simple to navigate and isn’t bloated with many items, as is the case with user platforms. There is a mobile application that provides many useful features and makes the bookmaker’s capabilities accessible from your phone. The wagering options are quite rich, and there’s customer care available around the clock.
MSport provides powerful, fully functional apps for both Android and iOS. The mobile solution is packed with various capabilities: it constantly updates the odds, offers a polished user interface with a good color scheme, and makes wagering easy, including on live events.
How to Download
You can download and install both apps in just a few steps. The process is incredibly straightforward and is described in the paragraphs below.
How to Get the Android Version
How to Get the iOS Version
Comparison With the Desktop Version
The mobile version, smartphone applications, and desktop solution are all good choices that will provide a versatile wagering experience to the users. Despite the desktop website having a good design, mobile solutions offer a better one, as well as superior usability. The amount of available capabilities is similar in all versions.
Is MSport Legal and Safe?
Yes, this betting platform operates in Uganda under a valid license with the number GB-70-036 issued by the National Lotteries and Gaming Regulatory Board. This cements MSport’s reputation as a reliable and trustworthy sportsbook. It also means that the company must meet certain criteria in order to acquire the registration. You can use your valid phone number registered in Uganda in order to make an account on the platform.
Nigeria and Ghana are other countries where MSport is available. The sportsbook is popular over there as well.
How to Log In
How to Register
The bookmaker offers a variety of bonuses and promotions for its users. Let’s take a look at them.
The platform offers a quite sizable welcome offer that consists of a free bonus that goes up to 1,000,000 UGX. The only thing needed is to register at the sportsbook.
Every Thursday, the platform gives away various vouchers to its users for free. The biggest one consists of 1,000,000 UGX. In order to participate, just register on the website, place bets on sports or virtual sports, and get your voucher.
In order to get it, you must place your bets on any sport or activity with odds higher than 1.2. Only accumulator ones apply. you can start with 3-folds and receive 3%, or go higher. The largest bonus is 130%, but you have to wager on the 30-folds.
The platform accepts the currencies of the countries where it’s available: Ugandan Shilling, Nigerian Naira, and Ghanaian Cedi.
How to Deposit Funds
There are various ways to deposit money into your account on the platform. Let’s take a closer look at them and check how to use the methods.
Available Deposit Methods
The deposit options at MSport Uganda are a bit limited. But thankfully, these methods are the most popular in the country and will satisfy nearly all players. Here they are:
Both are mobile payment services that are incredibly common in Uganda and are actively used by the residents of the country.
First Deposit Bonus
MSport doesn’t provide a specific first deposit bonus, but you can use your initial deposit to take advantage of various other offers, such as an accumulator bonus. The latter was described in the paragraphs above.
The minimum amount is just 500 UGX. The maximum is 4,000,000 UGX. That’s a good range that will satisfy both small-time players and successful punters.
Since there’s no deposit bonus, there’s also no code you can enter to receive one. Possibly this feature will become available in the future.
How to Withdraw Funds
There are several methods to receive the funds from the sportsbook. The options might be a bit limited, but there are enough for many Ugandans since the most common payment solutions are covered.
Tips for Successful Predicting
If you want to consistently win your bets, you have to remember a few rules that will help you when wagering. They can be applied to nearly any sport and be used on every platform.
- Learn how wagering works. There are certain things to know: how the sportsbooks calculate odds, what they are based on, and what types of bets are available.
- Learn the rules of the sports you’re planning to wager on. Every player must know how the game they interact with works. The rules can differ from quite simple ones in the disciplines such as football or volleyball to incredibly complex ones, such as in chess, board games and eSports. It’s also important to remember that simple rules don’t mean that wagering is easy or that the betting markets are limited.
- Keep up with the events in the discipline of your choice. Things can change quickly in both team-based and player-focused sports. Those that were powerful in the previous season, can now perform worse than expected. The teams can change their lineups, while individual athletes can become better or worse.
- Plan your budget. Setting the amount of money you can afford to lose if things go wrong can be quite useful.
- Avoid a gambling addiction. This condition is more common than you might expect. If you notice unhealthy patterns in the ways you treat your wagering, try to get some help and avoid betting at least for some time.
- Don’t expect your predictions to turn out correct all the time. There’s no recipe for being a perfect predictor, but following the aforementioned tips can be incredibly helpful. Don’t get obsessed with your losses.
- Track your history. This is the most sure way to plan a budget, analyze your successes and failures, and find ways to improve.
As you can see, the tips are simple to follow. They can be a tremendous help in your wagering and gambling activities. Betting can become a good additional source of income or just a fun hobby.
How to Bet
The options for wagering on the platform are rather versatile. Let’s check some of the markets available to the punters.
This is one of the most common types of bets but it’s popular for a reason: it’s easy to understand the way it works but yet there’s a room for versatility and tactic. This kind of bet is simple: you just have to predict whether a total score or some number of points will be over or under a certain point.
Highest Scoring Half
In football and other games consisting of two halves, this kind of bet means predicting which half will have more goals. There are generally three obvious options: the first or second one, and an equal amount.
The minimum amount you can stake on your wager is 100 UGX, while the maximum is 10,000,000 UGX. That’s a pretty wide range that will meet the needs of the majority of players.
Additional Pre-Match Betting Options at MSport
Apart from the markets mentioned above, there are many others. We won’t list all of them but here are some of the examples:
- DNB or “Draw No Bet.” This market might sound complicated in theory, but in reality it just means that your bet is fully refunded if the game ends in a draw or tie.
- Guessing which team will win both halves or either one.
- GG/NG or “Goal Goal” and “No Goal.” This market means that you have to predict whether both teams score a goal (GG) or no teams/only one score a goal (NG).
MSport Live Offers
The platform offers betting on the games that are currently being played. This makes for a fun and thrilling experience with constantly changing odds and some level of unpredictability. Let’s take a closer look at the live wagering options provided by the platform.
MSport Football Live Betting
Live wagering on soccer provides the same markets as is with regular pre-match betting. There are over/unders, moneylines and predicting which team will win either half. Draw No Bet and other additional options are also available.
MSport Basketball Live Betting
Basketball live wagering is available at MelBet as well. The markets are quite limited: you only have moneylines and over/under. But it might be enough for a fun experience.
MSport Tennis Live Betting
You can participate in in-game wagering on tennis at the website. There aren’t many betting markets available: essentially you can try to predict a set winner or place your wagers on the over/under’s.
MSport Live Streaming
Unfortunately, live streaming isn’t currently available at the platform’s website. We hope that such a cool and useful feature will be added in the future.
Like most modern bookmakers, the platform offers betting on eSports. Such disciplines are steadily becoming more popular and allowing the services to attract new audiences.
Available eSports at MSport
The number of eSports accessible to the users of the platform is a bit limited, but it covers the most popular games in the world. The list consists of Dota 2, League of Legends, and CS:GO. The betting markets are quite limited: you can only wager on the possible winner, so moneylines are the only kind of bets available. It’s a bit unfortunate, since eSports usually allow for versatile wagering options that attract all types of punters.
What is the Best eSport for Betting on the Website?
IIt’s difficult to say which eSport is the best, but League of Legends has the biggest number of events available. It’s not surprising since it’s currently one of the most popular competitive video games in the world.
Virtual sports are also available on the platform. They include virtual football, basketball, and horse and dog racing. The markets consist of over/under, moneylines, betting on the first goal, and handicaps.
The bookmaker offers various casinos to the gamblers. The number of them is quite limited, but the most popular games are included. It can be a good way to spend some time and win some money.
Here are some of the games:
- Spin. Just a take on a classic spinning wheel casino game with the rules that require you to guess the number.
- MCards. A variant of Keno. Seven numbers are generated in a range between 1 and 40. you have to guess them.
- Super Kick. You place a bet, a ball starts moving, and your stake is constantly increasing. You have to cash out before the ball is blocked.
The selection of disciplines available at MSport is not the widest, but it will meet the demands of the majority of punters. It includes popular games such as football, volleyball, and futsal as well as less common ones, such as darts and snooker. eSports are also available: the list includes Dota 2, CS:GO, and League of Legends.
Available in Following Countries
MSport is available in Nigeria, Ghana, and Uganda. It has valid licenses issued by the national regulatory boards of the countries as well. The website doesn’t provide a list of restricted regions, so technically you can bet from anywhere, but you must have a registered phone number in one of those three countries.
The platform offers a great level of customer care. You can direct your complaints, questions and feedback to them using various methods.
MSport might be a relatively new platform, but it has acquired its popularity for a reason. A website that’s easy to navigate, full-fledged mobile applications, local Ugandan customer care channels, and a decent selection of disciplines to wager on certainly helped the platform achieve its reputation.
In this article, we provided an overview of the sportsbook, covered its mobile solutions, covered betting markets, and provided general information on moving your funds and registering. We hope that we’ve answered the most common questions about MSport Uganda.