BongoBongo is one of the new betting platforms popular in the African region. Uganda is no exception, since wagering on sports is commonplace in the country.
In this article, we will give a detailed overview of the sportsbook, explain its features, list its pros and disadvantages, and analyze wagering markets. We aim to provide accurate information about this platform.
BongoBongo Pros and Cons
- Original, bright and colorful UI
- Various casinos
- Registered and licensed in Uganda
- Android app
- Not the longest list of sports
- The absence of the iOS app
The bookmaker offers a website with a bright and non-typical design and a bright color scheme. It looks fresh and provides an adequate level of usability. The service features a small list of available sports that still includes popular ones. Casinos and live betting are also accessible to visitors. The platform allows you to interact with the funds by using the payment options commonly used in Uganda.
The bookmaker offers a fully-fledged mobile application for the Android platform. It’s packed with features and provides a straightforward wagering and gambling experience.
How to Download
Comparison with the Desktop Version
You won’t find significant differences between the application and the desktop version, since they look quite similar. Both the app and the website’s mobile version seem a bit more intuitive than the desktop platform. It makes accessing it faster, but overall, there are no advantages to speak of.
Is BongoBongo Legal and Safe?
The sportsbook operates in Uganda on a fully legal basis. The company that owns the website, Quick Ventures Limited, has acquired a local license from the regulatory board of the country. This proves that the bookmaker can be trusted and has met certain criteria in order to be registered.
How to Log In
How to Register with BongoBongo
Unfortunately, the sportsbook doesn’t feature a welcome offer, but there are plenty of other bonuses and promos you can use. Below are some of them.
First Deposit Bonus
There’s a bonus provided to the users after they put money into their account for the first time. You can receive up to 50,000 UGX. There are some requirements:
- The stake amount has be higher than 500 UGX.
- The minimum number of lines is four.
- The odds should be higher than 1.3.
- Can’t be used for gambling at casinos or wagering on virtuals.
This bonus allows you to get a boost to your winnings of up to 600% by placing accumulator wagers. The more selections in the betslip, the bigger the boost. The prerequisites include wagers being longer than 4 lines and the odds higher than 1.25.
The platform is officially present in Uganda, Kenya, and Zambia, so it supports the local currencies of those countries. Here they are: UGX, KES, and ZMW.
How to Deposit Funds
BongoBongo supports the most widely used Ugandan payment systems. There are two of them, but they are so popular that this will be enough for the vast majority of bettors from Uganda.
Available Payment Systems
You can add funds by using MTN and Airtel Uganda. For the latter, there are two methods available. Let’s check how to do so using both systems.
Depositing with MTN
- Log in.
- Click “Deposit.”
- Select MTN.
- Type in your amount.
- Include your mobile number.
- You will get a one-time password.
Depositing with Airtel
The steps are similar to the ones listed above, but you will have to go through some additional stages on your phone. Let’s check the main steps:
- Log in to the account.
- Go to the “Deposit” section.
- Select Airtel.
- Make sure that you have enough funds on the mobile account.
- Enter the sum you plan to transfer.
- Grab your phone and go through instructions (more on that below).
Here are the steps you have to do on your phone after going through the steps listed above:
- Dial *185#.
- Select option 4.
- Then click 9.
- The business number of the sportsbook is 555881, enter it.
- Input the amount.
- Type in the pin code.
First Deposit Bonus
If you just made your first deposit, you can receive a bonus of up to 50,000 UGX. The prerequisites involve the stake being greater than 500 UGX, and the odds being higher than 1.3. More information was given above in the “BongoBongo Bonuses” block.
There’s no lower limit at BongoBongo, but the service strongly recommends transferring sums larger than 1,000 UGX.
All the bonuses are calculated automatically, so there’s no need to enter anything in order to receive them.
How to Withdraw Funds
The withdrawal solutions on the platform are the same as the ones available for depositing. In Uganda, they consist of MTN and Airtel, two quite common mobile payment systems and operators in the country.
If you want to withdraw using the systems, we will provide detailed steps to do so.
For MTN Uganda, do the following:
- Log in to the platform.
- Find the “Withdraw” option.
- Enter the amount, it must be more than 1,000 UGX.
- Add an MTN phone number, the one synchronized with your account.
- Click on the MTN button.
- All done.
The steps are the same for Airtel:
- Sign in.
- Click “Withdraw”.
- Enter the needed amount.
- Type in the Airtel phone number connected to your profile.
- Click “Airtel”.
- You’re good to go.
How to Be Successful at Predicting
Wagering on sports is its own kind of art. If you want to become good at it, there are certain things that can help you on your way. They are universal, can be used for any sport, and are generally beneficial. Let’s start:
- Set the budget. Spend within your means and avoid developing a gambling addiction. Seek help, if you start noticing unhealthy patterns.
- Become familiar with the way betting works. There are certain rules, calculations, and different types of bets and markets.
- Know the sport. The games might have simple rules, such as in football, or more complex ones, such as in board games or eSports. But the simplicity of a game doesn’t mean that the betting options will be limited or the event will be easy to prevent.
- Be familiar with the recent events in your discipline. Things change from one season to another, teams’ lineups change as well. The players can perform better or worse than they did in a previous season.
- Keep your head clear. Extensive emotions will lead you nowhere, and so will the obsession with your losses.
- Listen to the experts. Sometimes successful bettors give some tips and opinions on the matter. They also offer their predictions. They can’t be correct all the time, but it’s still worth listening to.
- Keep track of your wagers. This is the best way to learn from your mistakes, find out your strengths, and make sure you don’t overspend. All professional punters keep their betting history.
How to Bet
The website offers rich wagering options. They range from simple over/under’s to more complex and special ones. Let’s check them out.
Being the game that is present on all betting platforms, soccer might have simple rules, but the number of possible wagering options for the sport is quite large. At BongoBongo, you can place your bets on simple moneylines and over/under’s, but more impressive options are also available:
- BTTS (Both Teams to Score). It’s still a simple option but things can get more interesting if the teams playing are on a more or less equal level: sometimes such games end in a draw.
- Draw no Bet. In this type of wager, you predict a winner, cutting off the possibility of a draw.
- Total corners. Here, you predict the number of corner kicks during the whole match.
Basketball might not be comparable in its popularity to soccer, but it’s still a common game to place your wagers on. The markets for the game are traditionally much more limited, and this is also seen on BongoBongo: there are only moneylines and over/under’s available for betting on basketball.
The limits may differ from one event to another. The minimum stake amount is 1,000 UGX. The maximum possible win is 130,000,000 UGX.
Available Casino Options
The platform offers versatile casino options, ranging from traditionally popular games to more original slots. The number of slots might not be the largest, but it’s still quite sizable and will satisfy various kinds of gamblers.
Available Slots at BongoBongo
Let’s take a look at some of the slots offered by the platform. Here we will check more common solutions that are tested by time.
Being among the most popular slots, it’s no surprise to see the Roulette at the platform. This version doesn’t differ from the way the game is traditionally played: It’s intuitive and easy to play.
A 3D take on classic blackjack. The graphics are the only thing that separates it from the way the game is usually played.
Spin 2 Win
Another slot with a popular game. This variation of the roulette game is arguably more popular than the original one due to its simplicity. Just predict the number and spin a wheel.
The selection of available disciplines at the bookmaker is not exactly large, but it includes all of the popular games and some more. Let’s take a look at what you can get at BongoBongo.
The game is available on all wagering platforms in the world, so it’s obvious that it would be offered by BongoBongo. The users can place bets on various events that are always available. The options are also quite rich and versatile, ranging from simple moneylines to more complex ones.
Accessible all the time for placing your wagers and winning on a quick basis, virtual games are presented on the platform. The selection consists mainly of instant football variations, various racing games, such as horse and greyhound ones, and cycling games.
Casino games are accessible on the platform, mainly consisting of classic games such as roulette variations and blackjack. Jackpots and other versions of “777” are also available.
Unfortunately, BongoBongo doesn’t offer the possibility to wager on board games. Maybe they will be available in the future, since it seems that the sportsbook has the possibility of expanding its list of disciplines.
There are some live casino options that you can participate in. They include variants of the roulette and spinning wheel games, baccarat, and blackjack.
Products and Features for Betting
This bookmaker is a good choice for placing your wagers, and the various options and features available to its users prove that. Let’s see what it can offer.
Markets and Odds
The offered betting markets differ from one sport to another. For example, there are many variations of wagers you can place on a soccer game, but basketball and tennis options will be significantly more limited.
The odds offered by the bookmaker are rather good. You can find better ones, if you look hard enough, but the ones available at BongoBongo are more than enough for the majority of players.
You can place the wager on the events as they happen using the platform. The same disciplines are available, and the odds are quite good, although they can change during the games. This makes for an enjoyable and thrilling experience.
Available in Following Countries
Apart from Uganda, where BongoBongo holds a valid local registration, there are some other African countries where the service is available. For example, Kenya and Zambia. In both of them, the bookmaker is also officially licensed, and operates on a fully legal basis.
The platform offers a dedicated customer support service to Ugandan residents, that’s available around the clock. WhatsApp and a Twitter channel are also available to the platform’s users.
All in all, BongoBongo Uganda is a reliable platform for all kinds of bettors and gamblers. It’s officially registered in the country, offers a colorful and intuitive UI, provides various wagering options for its decent selection of disciplines, and makes it incredibly easy to transfer your funds using mobile payment systems. What’s not to like? Probably, the only serious disadvantage is the lack of an iOS app.
In this article, we provided a detailed overview of the platform, covering its various aspects and features. We’ve also written step-by-step guides on interacting with your funds, downloading a mobile application, and placing wagers. Moreover, this article includes tips on making successful predictions.
You can place your wagers on the mobile website or in the app. The steps are:
- Log in.
- Select the discipline from the menu.
- Tap on the available odds in the list of events.
- Enter the stake.
- Confirm the betslip.